Recent advancement in breast ultrasound- creating value for patient along the care pathway
The EFSUMB Webinar event, 'Recent advancement in breast ultrasound- creating value for patient along the care pathway', will take place on Monday 23 October 2023 at 17h00-18h15 CET, hosted by Sintesi on behalf of EFSUMB and sponsored by GE HealthCare. Please view the speakers and use the button below to register for this event.
SPEAKER: Dr. Athina Vourtsi MD PhD
Director and Founder of Athena Medical Center, Athen (Greece). Founding president of the Hellenic Breast Imaging Society, Medical advisory Board of DenseBreast-Info.org
Breast Cancer Screening in Women with Dense breasts - current status and future directionLEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. To present the challenges of breast cancer detection in women with dense breasts.
2. To describe the role of ABUS as a supplemental screening tool in these women.
3. To review current screening guidelines.
4. To illustrate clinical cases.
SPEAKER: Prof. Erkin Aribal, M.D
Head of Breast Imaging Unit, Member of Multidisciplinary Breast team Acibadem Altunizade Hospital, Istanbul (Turkey)
The impact of ultrasound and AI in the one stop approach in improving breast care patient pathwayLEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. To explore how a multimodality, multidisciplinary center with emphasize on patient center care can potentially improve patient experience and outcome.
2. To learn about the value of multimodality approach in breast cancer patient management via clinical case study.
3. To learn about how AI in breast imaging can be implemented to improve diagnostic confidence for breast cancer.
SPEAKER: Dr. Ioana Boca MD PhD
Assistant lecturer , “Luliu Hatieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Consultant Radiologist, in Emergency Country Hospital, Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
The role of multimodality & multiparametric ultrasound in the management of breast oncological patientsLEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. To assess the added value of automated breast ultrasound (ABUS) to full field digital mammography (FFDM) and digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) in breast cancer screening.
2. To evaluate the role of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) and radiomics in characterizing breast cancer.
3. To identify new perspectives of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in the management of breast cancer patients