The following is a list of Safety Statements and Guidelines. The statements are available as PDF documents - click on the links below to open. The list is in date order starting from the most recent first.
Each PDF link will open in a new browser window - when you have viewed the document please close the window to return to this page.
- EFSUMB Safety Committee‘s compiled information on safe performance of ultrasound scans and disinfection issues in context of COVID-19 - Selected Collection of Safety Guidance from ECMUS to SARS-CoV-2 [May 2020]
- EFSUMB Clinical Safety Statement for Diagnostic Ultrasound [2019 revision]
- Recommendations and Information about regulatory aspects related to the use of hand-held ultrasound devices [revised 2021]
- Best Practice recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of ultrasound transducers whilst maintaining transducer integrity 
- EFSUMB Statement on the Safe Use of Doppler Ultrasound During Scans at 11-14 Weeks (or Earlier in Pregnancy) 
- EFSUMB Recommendations on Non-Medical Use of Imaging Ultrasound [Last revision 2021]
- EFSUMB Policy Statement on Souvenir Imaging of the Fetus 
- Live Ultrasound Scanning at Exhibitions [revised 2021]
- Best Practice Guidance for the Safe use of Doppler Ultrasound [Last revision 2021]
- ECMUS response to published study of the relationship between ultrasound exposure in the first trimester and the severity of autism spectrum disorders [November 2016]
- ISUOG statement on ultrasound exposure in the first trimester and autism spectrum disorders