Hirslanden Clinic, Zürich, SwitzerlandDecember 21, 2020
Dermatologic Ultrasound Teaching Center, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro (Majadahonda) Faculty of Medicine. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, SpainDecember 21, 2020
EFSUMB Ultrasound Learning Centres (ULCs) are established and renowned ultrasound departments at universities, hospitals and in medical practices, where doctors can spend a period of time learning about and improving their knowledge in various applications of ultrasound. Anyone interested should email the ULC directly with proof of their status, showing some experience in the use of ultrasound and that they are proficient in English to spend between 1 - 4 weeks free of charge. For more information see Bylaw 12.
EFSUMB Ultrasound Learning Centres
Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Medical School University of Pavia, Italy
- Since 1986 an Ultrasound School officially recognised by the Fonazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo is present in the Foundation. The Ultrasound School, which is endorsed by the Italian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (SIUMB), is located in the Ultrasound Unit of the Infectious Diseases Dept. and is directed by Prof. Carol Filice.
- Every year the Ultrasound School organises a course for Physicians, which starts in January and ends in December. The Course consists of lectures (2 lectures per week for a total of 30 lectures) and hands-on sessions (minimum of 120 hours)
- The number of participants to the Ultrasound Course is 30 per year
- The Ultrasound School is inserted in the SIUMB framework of post-graduates
- Since 2006 the Ultrasound Unit of Infectious Diseases Dept. organises an International Course on the use of Ultrasound in Infectious and Tropical Diseases, inserted in the post-graduate education program of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (ESCMID)
- Since 2008 the utlrasound Unit of the 'Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo' is officially recognised by the WHO-OMS (Geneva) as a 'Collaborating Centre' for clinical management pf echinococcosis
- Since 2011 the Ultrasound School and the Radiology Unit of the 'Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo' organise an international sono-elastography meeting, which is endorsed by EFSUMB since 2013