(Ch:09) Ultrasound of the pancreasDecember 19, 2020
Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Medical School University of Pavia, ItalyDecember 21, 2020
EFSUMB Ultrasound Learning Centres (ULCs) are established and renowned ultrasound departments at universities, hospitals and in medical practices, where doctors can spend a period of time learning about and improving their knowledge in various applications of ultrasound. Anyone interested should email the ULC directly with proof of their status, showing some experience in the use of ultrasound and that they are proficient in English to spend between 1 - 4 weeks free of charge. For more information see Bylaw 12.
EFSUMB Ultrasound Learning Centres
Hirslanden Clinic, Zürich, Switzerland
From left to right: Dr. Sabine Heyder, Internist Dr. Martin Baumgartner, Urologist Hatice Semercy, Ultrasound Technician Kathrin Koch, Administration Manager Ass.Prof. Dr. Jan Tuma, Internist, Honorary Fellow of EFSUMB Dr. Jean-Luc Fehr, Urologist Prof. Dr. Andreas Serra, Nephrologist Prof. Dr. Jan Schmidt, Surgeon Dr. Felix Trinkler, Urologist Dr. Daniel Seiler, Urologist
Objectives of the center
- Implementation of national and international ultrasound courses.
- Practical training in the ULC for young doctors.
- Practical and theoretical training for the students of the Medical Faculty of University Zurich
- The language of instruction will beGerman for the German-speaking participants and otherwise English.
- Courses and practical trainings will be evaluated by participants.
- Prof. Andreas Serra MD, nephrologist and internist, a member of the EPSC
- Ass. Prof. Jan Tuma MD, internist, Past Chairman of the EPSC
- Sabine Heyder, MD, internist
- Markus Bürge, MD, radiologist
- Beat Porcellini, MD, radiologist
- Felix Trinkler,MD, urologist
- Prof.Jan Schmidt, MD, surgeon
- Prof. Michael Bajka, MD, gynecologist
Equipment of Klinik Hirslanden
- There is high-end ultrasound equipment available.
- For training purposes, devices are available to trainees.
- For courses up to 8 devices will also be installed shortly.
- Maximum 4 participants will be allocated per ultrasound device and tutor.
- The courses are conducted according to the guidelines of EFSUMB.
- The course contents are summarized in EFSUMB common course (ECC).
- As a course book, the German version of Prof Dietrich "Ultraschall-Kurs" is applied, for the foreign participants then EFSUMB course book (ECB).
Syllabus Basic Abdominal Course
Syllabus Advanced Abdominal Course
Syllabus Final Abdominal Course
As usual in Switzerland, participants are examining the patient in the clinic first. Afterwards the faculty member is looking first results of the investigation of the participant and then examining the patient himself.